Ride for Rangers
Fellow Riders and Rangers, please join us in observance of the 75th Anniversary of D-Day 1944, remembering the 145 Rangers who made the ultimate sacrifice and the 80 Rangers who survived the assault on Pointe du Hoc, 6 June 1944.
We will be sponsoring a month-long endurance type event where Individuals and Teams will be able to register at any time during the month of June, beginning June 6th and ending July 6th, 2019, and have 30 days from date of registration to complete their miles.
- Street Bikes – 145 Miles
- Mountain Bikes – 80 Miles
Registration will open on 6 June 2019 and will close at 11:59 p.m. (2359) Eastern Standard Time on 05 July 2019.
- Individuals ($30 registration) will compete for a Commemorative Plaque awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers who have the most miles logged, and riders who complete the required miles will receive a one of a kind commemorative T-shirt and be eligible to purchase the commemorative challenge coin for $30.
- Teams (2 person-$50; 4 person-$90) will compete for a Commemorative Plaque awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers in two categories:
- Most miles logged per Team
- Most miles logged per Rider / Team
- Clubs may register teams designated to the Club
CANCELLED due to Weather on 6/8: Guided Mountain Rides: There will also be a weekly guided group ride held at 10 a.m. every Saturday during the month of June, beginning June 8.. Street bikes will meet downtown at Dahlonega Mountain Sports on the Square in Dahlonega, GA; Mountain bikers will meet at Mount Zion Church at Camp Merrill, Dahlonega, GA.